- Conducted international trade and anticorruption/bribery due diligence on the sale of the client and acquisition of another company by the client, which includes reviewing trade and anticorruption/bribery issues in the merger agreement and disclosure schedules, leading to the successful completion of the transactions.
- Drafted a process on screening entities for sanctions issues uncovered during negotiations with threat actors that have installed ransomware on IT systems of customers of the client. This included creating guidance, reviewing and adding relevant clauses to customer contracts, creating a graphic of the process, and creating a screening information form for internal use.
- Assisted an investigation of a target company to be acquired by client regarding a corruption investigation of a third-party agent. Duties included conducting research of files provided by seller’s counsel regarding investigation, daily review of updates to document dataroom, and identifying information needed to ascertain the target company’s liability in the investigation.
- Drafted numerous memos regarding the impact of U.S., EU, UK sanctions targeting Russian entities and market sectors on client operations and business opportunities.
- Performed multiple sanctions screening of entities for clients based on updated U.S., EU, and UK sanctions against Russian entities.
- Phone: +1 202 239 3643
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael leverages his experience and knowledge on U.S. national security issues to effectively advise and solve a wide range of complex litigation matters.