- Representing a mining company in obtaining federal and county approvals and CEQA/NEPA review for a 100-year mining project in San Bernardino County, California.
- Representing a major private utility in Southern California on CEQA and other environmental matters for a variety of projects, including a nuclear power facility.
- Representing multiple developers of major mixed-use residential and commercial projects near public transit in Los Angeles in obtaining entitlements and CEQA review.
- Representing an international shopping-center developer in obtaining entitlements and CEQA review for large-scale development, including 1,400 residential units.
- Represented a major oil company in obtaining a land use permit for a controversial project involving the rail transport of crude oil in San Luis Obispo County, California.
Administrative Hearing Experience
- Representing a major theme park in Southern California before the South Coast Air Quality Management District in obtaining an annual variance for a large entertainment event.
Land Use Litigation Experience
- Representing a developer of a mixed-use residential and commercial development in Downtown Los Angeles in a lawsuit challenging the city’s CEQA review and land use approvals.
- Representing a major U.S. package delivery company in a lawsuit challenging approvals by the city of Visalia, California, of a warehouse distribution facility in Tulare County under CEQA and the Brown Act.
- Representing landowners in a lawsuit challenging a special assessment by a special assessment district under California’s Proposition 218.
- Represented the developer of a mixed-use residential and commercial development near a transit center in the city of Los Angeles in a lawsuit challenging the city’s CEQA review and land use approvals through trial court and the court of appeal.
- Represented a special assessment district in a lawsuit challenging a special assessment under California’s Proposition 218.
- Represented a major oil company defending a CEQA lawsuit challenging the environmental review and permit from the South Coast Air Quality Management District for a storage project.
- Represented a major oil company defending multiple CEQA lawsuits challenging a refinery project in Contra Costa County, California.
- Represented an international shopping-center developer defending CEQA review and project approval for a shopping mall expansion in San Diego in trial court and on appeal.
- Represented the developer of an affordable housing project near Downtown Los Angeles in a lawsuit challenging the city’s entitlements in appellate court.