- Represented CMBS special servicers in a variety of litigation contexts in both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels, including foreclosures, appointment of receivers, breach of contract, mediation, and recouping attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a CLO trustee in multiple proceedings arising out of a public auction of loans and equity interests in distressed companies. Defeated motion to enjoin the sale after an evidentiary hearing in the SDNY.
- Represented a commercial mezzanine lender against a borrower’s motion for an injunction to halt a UCC foreclosure, at both the trial level and on appeal.
- Represented a commercial mezzanine lender as replacement counsel, successfully having a previously- issued injunction against a UCC foreclosure overturned on appeal in a news-worthy, precedent setting case. Collected against a six-figure bond securing the wrongfully issued injunction.
- Represented one of the world’s largest international banks in defending numerous representation and warranty cases involving RMBS securitized trusts and billions of dollars in potential exposure.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest financial services firms in multiple litigations stemming from the bank’s debt and equity investment in a real property development. Sought appointment of a receiver in commercial foreclosure action, with favorable results for the client, and had receiver’s appointment affirmed on appeal.
- Represented the largest domestic M&A advisory firm in litigation arising out of its role in a well-publicized sale of the world’s top language services firm.
Insurance Industry Representations
- Leader of cross-firm team representing a major life insurance company in cost of insurance litigation in several class action cases across multiple jurisdictions.
- Trial counsel in over 80 cases to one of the nation’s preeminent automotive and casualty insurance companies.
- Represented a national insurance company in both federal and state court actions, including on appeal, in successfully defeating putative class actions.