Our team’s lead lawyers are nationally-renowned class action specialists, civil trial lawyers and former federal prosecutors backed by a deep, talented bench and work regularly with our Technology and Privacy Group. Together, we have represented our clients in federal and state jurisdictions and have litigated issues arising under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act, as well as analogous state statutes and state common law.
- Successfully resolved multiple, coordinated state attorneys general investigations after an alleged third-party hack of a celebrity’s wireless device.
- Defended leading credit card processor in class action litigation arising out of data breach; obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defending a leading rent-to-own company in class actions across the country, as well as related government investigations, based on allegations that the company installed spyware on its leased computers and used it to take webcam photographs, log key strokes and take screen shots of computing activities.
- Defending home improvement retailer in multidistrict data breach litigation.
- Defended world’s largest retailer in class action litigation arising out of website privacy practices; obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defended BellSouth in multiple class actions alleging that it impermissibly revealed confidential customer information to the federal government through the National Security Agency’s Terrorist Surveillance Program.
- Defended a leading wireless service provider in litigation alleging that the provider installed software on mobile handsets and used it to monitor customer communications in violation of state privacy statutes.
- Defended leading telecommunications provider in litigation alleging violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and related state law claims based on alleged wiretapping of telephone lines and interception of emails.
Our Privacy & Data Security attorneys are ranked in The Best Lawyers in America and are members of the International Association of Privacy Professionals. The practice is recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers Global: World's Leading Lawyers for Business and the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as one of the leading privacy practices in the United States.