Rosemarie Thurston spoke on the "Non-Listed and Private REITs" panel on Monday, September 8, 2:45pm-3:30pm, at this program hosted by Information Management Network (IMN). The panel discussed the following....
- Exit Strategy Differences between Non-Traded REITs and traditional, private institutional REITs
- Issues involved if listing as an exit strategy: Internalization of the Advisor, including valuation and potential litigation issues; What steps are necessary to list e.g., change the charter, bylaws, etc.?
- A review of recent exit strategies of non-listed REITs
- How do you sell in this market? Can you get all cash? What do you do if you take back a mortgage?
- Can you modify the compulsory exit strategy?
September 8-9, 2008
Marriott Marquis / New York, NY