No Attorney-Client Relationship
The materials on the Alston & Bird Web site are for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. Use of this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Alston & Bird. You should not act upon the information on this Web site without seeking advice from a lawyer licensed in your own state or country. Please note that you should not send any confidential information pertaining to potential legal services to Alston & Bird or any of its attorneys until you have received written agreement from Alston & Bird to perform the legal services you requested. Unless you have received such written confirmation, we will not consider any correspondence you send us as confidential.
Rankings by Third Parties
The following summarizes the procedures of select rankings found on the Alston & Bird Web site.
- The Best Lawyers in America. First published in 1983 by Woodward/White, Inc., the list is developed by polling the lawyers in the previous edition, except for newly added specialties. Voting areas vary according to size and population but are designed to correspond to the relevant legal community – i.e., the community of lawyers who are most likely to know each other’s work. A different customized ballot is generated for each geographic area and, within each area, a different ballot for each specialty. The nominees listed on a ballot depend on both the size of the jurisdiction and the size of the specialty. See www.bestlawyers.com for more information.
- Super Lawyers. Prepared by Law & Politics, the publication represents the top 5 percent of lawyers in the states surveyed. Nominating and voting is through ballots sent to all lawyers within the state or region being surveyed. Lawyers eligible to participate have been in practice for five years or more. See www.superlawyers.com for more information.
- Chambers USA. Published by Chambers and Partners, the rankings are developed through interviews of clients and attorneys by a research staff and by information submitted by law firms. See www.chambersandpartners.com for more information.
- Legal Elite. Publications in Georgia and North Carolina survey bar association members to select the attorneys to include on the designated Legal Elite lists. For more information see www.georgiatrend.com and www.businessnc.com.
Effective Date: May 1, 2017.
This Privacy Statement describes the practices of Alston & Bird LLP (“Alston & Bird”, “we” or “us”) with respect to personal information we collect through our Web sites and mobile applications that display or link to this Statement (the “Sites”).
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you visit our Sites. For example, we collect information about you when you:
- Sign up to receive advisories, articles, announcements or other communications;
- Register for an event;
- Apply for a job with Alston & Bird; or
- Submit a comment or question or otherwise communicate with us through the Sites.
The personal information we collect may include your first and last name, street address, telephone number, email address, communication preferences, password, and other information you submit through the Sites. If you apply for a job through our Sites, we may gather additional information about you, such as your resume, cover letter, work history, reference information, education information, information required to complete a background check and any other information you elect to provide us (e.g., career objectives, willingness to relocate, awards or professional memberships).
How We Use Personal Information Collected through the Sites
We use personal information we collect through our Sites to contact you, to provide you with information that you have requested, to provide additional information which we believe may be of interest to you, to perform an activity you have requested (such as to register you for an event or to evaluate an application for a job opportunity), to enhance or improve the Sites, for security purposes, or otherwise to operate our business.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When authorized by you.
- With third party service providers retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as necessary to provide services to us.
- If we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial fraud or theft, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
Your Choices and Rights
You may unsubscribe from advisories, articles, announcements and other promotional emails received from us by following the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of each such email or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that you may continue to receive non-promotional communications to the extent permitted by law.
To request details of the personal information we hold about you or to delete or rectify any inaccurate personal information about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle any such request in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Sites designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Sites. The use of the Internet creates inherent information security risks, and we are not able to guarantee the security of our Sites.
Transfers of Personal Information
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Sites to countries with laws that may be deemed not to provide the same level of data protection as the laws in the country in which you reside. Please note that our primary data processing facilities are located in the United States of America. By submitting personal information through the Sites you consent to the transfer of personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
The Sites may include links to sites operated by external third parties. The inclusion of a link to a third party site does not imply our endorsement of the site or the products and services offered at such site. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to any such third-party sites. You should consult privacy policies of each site you visit.
Changes and Questions
Alston & Bird may revise this Privacy Statement from time-to-time. Please check this page periodically for changes.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or our practices with respect to personal information, please send your request to email@example.com.