John Hickman will present "Employer Wellness Programs – Overcoming GINA and Other Legal Compliance Hurdles" on May 11, 11:45am - 12:30pm, during this conference hosted by World Congress. Employer wellness programs face a host of legal and compliance issues under the ADA, HIPAA, and ERISA. Now, in 2010, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) changes the way many arrangements operate. John's presentation will provide the following.
- How to overcome new limitations imposed by the Americans With Disabilities Act and GINA
- When financial incentives are permissible, and when they are not
- How to comply with HIPAA's privacy and wellness requirements
This three day event features keynote addresses, debates, case studies, workshops, summits, seminars, tracks and informal roundtable discussions addressing the following topics.
- Aligning Reimbursement Models and Financial Incentives
- Physician Engagement and the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Consumer Engagement & Behavioral Modification
- Innovative Technology Applications
- Best Practices in the Management of Diabetes, Obesity, Cardiology, Renal Disease and Co-Morbidities
- Employer Case Studies on Prevention and Wellness Initiatives
May 11-13, 2010
The Westin Alexandria Hotel / Alexandria, VA