John Hickman was a featured presenter of this webinar sponsored by Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS). The presentation provided assistance to health insurers and plan sponsors to ensure their 2011 plans are compliant with the health reform law prior to open enrollment and on how to position their businesses to survive the big change in health care that’s now underway. Problem areas discussed included the following:
- Rescissions — How should health plans and employers comply with the onerous rescission rules? What happens when employees and dependents are inadvertently — or even fraudulently — enrolled?
- Grandfather status — When does it make sense to comply with the grandfather requirements? When does the cost of maintaining grandfather status outweigh the benefits?
- Adult dependents — What is the potential impact of the adult dependent requirement on dependent coverage categories?
- Annual and lifetime caps — Which benefits are essential? What are the hidden risks in removing the caps?
- Preventive care — These requirements are broader than you think, and HHS’s definition of “preventive” is vague. Which preventive services absolutely must be included?
- Pre-65 Retiree Benefits — Should employers keep them? What’s the future of the federal reinsurance program? Are Employer Group Waiver Plans the answer?
November 3, 2010
1:00pm - 2:30pm