Edward Kang was a featured presenter during this webinar program sponsored by The Knowledge Congress. While the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) continue to increase investigations on financial institutions, private equity firms must continue to be vigilant with respect to anti-corruption issues. Firms need to have a thorough understanding of the current anti-corruption laws along with a thorough understanding of the FCPA. During this program, the panel discussed anti–corruption compliance policy issues for private equity firms. The following topics were covered.
- Recent Developments of Anti-Corruption Regulation and Its Impact on Private Equity Firms
- Key Issues on FCPA Guidance
- Best Practices in Implementing and Maintaining Anti-Corruption Programs
- Penalties and Liability of Non-Compliance
- Anti–Corruption Threats: Assessment, Evaluation and Alleviating the Risk
- Overview of the Recent Significant Cases
October 3, 2013
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.