Scott Samlin was a featured speaker during the session "Choosing and Incentivizing your Servicer: Which Performance Data Should You Examine? How Can You Tie this Data into Your Servicer Compensation Package?" at this conference sponsored by the Information Management Network (IMN). The following topics were discussed during the presentation.
- How many servicers should you look at?
- Evaluating the bid process
- Comparing quantitative vs. qualitative costs
- Evaluating ability to increase capacity
- Measuring success when servicing delinquent and distressed loans
- Assessing ability to execute short sales and foreclosures
- Evaluating counterparty risk
- What does a servicer rating mean?
- Looking at the technology
- Incentive structures & expectations
- Successes and failures
- What does the FDIC and FHFA say about incentives?
- Fighting fraud
- Defining quality control
- Do you encourage home buyer education and counseling?
March 10, 2014
Marriott New York Downtown / New York, NY