Colgate Selden was a featured speaker during this webinar program hosted by Inside Mortgage Finance. Colgate's topic was titled "Fair Lending and Recent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Rules." The followiing topics were covered during the program:
- What do recent fair lending actions tell you about your potential risk?
- Does the use of tough underwriting expose you to fair lending charges?
- How is the HMDA data expansion likely to affect fair lending enforcement?
- What changes should you be making to systems, operations and staff training?
- What data analysis should you be conducting on your own?
- What data should you be looking at beyond what is required for HMDA reporting?
- If your own data analysis uncovers a potential problem, what can and should you do?
- What is the role of your compliance management system, consumer complaints and risk assessments?
- Should you also be monitoring for fair lending issues in your servicing business?
- What are the risks of reporting incorrect data?
For more information or to hear a recording of this program, please click here.
December 10, 2014