Gidon Caine will be speaking during the breakout panel “The Rise of SPACs: Challenges and Opportunities” on June 24 at the 26th Annual Stanford Directors’ College. This panel will discuss these issues relating to the rise and future of special purpose acquisition vehicles (SPACs) and the challenges, risks, and rewards of serving on a SPAC board.
The rise in SPAC activity over the past 18 months has led to increased regulatory scrutiny and litigation by the SEC. Topics will include:
- What is driving this interest is SPAC offerings rather than the traditional firm commitment underwriting process?
- How will the SEC’s engagement change the market?
- How do prospective directors evaluate SPAC board opportunities?
- What are the liability risks associated with serving on a SPAC board, and what can directors do to limit that exposure?
- How are directors navigating forecasts, disclosure obligations and conflicts of interest?
For additional information, click here.