From rigid plastic to glass to plastic beverage containers and beyond, CPG companies are facing an increasingly complex maze of state postconsumer recycled (PCR) content requirements when offering these products to consumers. Policymakers in the several states that have advanced these new requirements see mandating certain levels of PCR content in packaging as a way to curb the negative environmental impact of packaging by accelerating a circular economy. These state requirements are here to stay and more are likely to come soon. Please join us for a joint presentation with Alston & Bird, Altium Packaging, and Envision Plastics to explore these recent developments, how they may impact your business, and next steps for CPG companies.
Topics covered will include:
- What postconsumer recycled material is and how is it produced
- Postconsumer recycled content requirements in effect now
- Outlook on proposed PCR requirements and potential impact on industry
- Compliance strategies
- Sam Jockel, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Mara Lapp, Sr. Director, Sales & Marketing, Envision Plastics
- John Manderfield, Innovation and Design Fellow, Altium Packaging
Alston & Bird is the CLE provider for this program. CLE Credit will be applied for, where applicable.
Please contact Abby Forness at email@example.com or +1 404 881 7824.