Ralph F. "Chip" MacDonald, III to Speak on "Utilizing Merger, Acquisition, & Joint Venture Strategies that Effectively Minimize Market Risk"
As the sub-prime industry continues to become more unstable, international law firm Alston & Bird LLP partner Ralph F. "Chip" MacDonald, III, will address critical and timely issues at the Operational Risk Management In Sub-Prime Lending Conference. At the conference Chip MacDonald will discuss "Utilizing Merger, Acquisition & Joint Venture Strategies that Effectively Minimize Market Risk." His presentation will cover:
· Deciding What Factors Determine a Company’s Decision to Consolidate in the Consumer Lending Industry
· Analyzing Joint Ventures, Acquisitions, and Mergers as Competitive Strategies
· Utilizing Consolidation as a Market Entrance Strategy in Order to Maintain Business Stability
· Identifying Risks and Rewards Associated with Consolidation
Chip MacDonald is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Financial Services Practice Group.
Mr. MacDonald’s practice emphasizes capital markets activities, including securitization, securities, and mergers and acquisitions, primarily for financial institutions. He is a frequent lecturer and author on various matters related to financial institutions.
The conference in association with the Inside Mortgage Finance; Home Equity News; Mortgage-Backed Securities Letter; Asset-Backed Alert; Inside MBS & ABS; and Inside B&C Lending, will be held on July 22-24, 1998 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Illinois. This three day conference will focus on the market potential of the sub-prime lending industry and how companies’ can effectively prepare for the future. Key
issues to be presented by leading industry practitioners will include:
· Identifying Trends within Consumer Sub-Prime Lending: Calculating Market Potential
· Avoiding Industry Pitfalls by Minimizing Loss: Coping with Prepayment Risk
· Integrated Risk Management and the Development of Risk-Based Pricing
· Achieving Cost Effectiveness by Credit Scoring Utilization: Standardizing the Industry
· Identifying Future Profit Potential: The Credit Rating Agency’s Perspective
Alston & Bird, with over 400 attorneys serving both domestic and international clients, is one of the largest and oldest law firms in the Southeast. Based in Atlanta, Georgia with offices in Washington, D.C., and Charlotte and the Research Triangle in Raleigh, North Carolina, the Firm provides a full range of services to clients doing business throughout
the U.S. and overseas. Alston & Bird’s practice areas include: capital markets and investments; finance and public finance; financial institutions; international; intellectual property; technology; trial and appellate; health care; real estate; environmental; antitrust and investigations; bankruptcy, reorganizations and workouts; tax and fiduciary; and labor and employment.