Antitrust and Business Litigation and Arbitration
- Co-lead counsel for a global commercial airline in class action price-fixing litigation.
- Lead counsel in the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of a consumer products manufacturer.
- Lead trial counsel on behalf of an international chemical manufacturer in defending monopolization and attempt to monopolize claims relating to IP rights brought on behalf of a competitor.
- Lead counsel for a global building products manufacturer in a Delaware Court of Chancery dispute between joint venture participants over corporate governance issues.
- Lead counsel on behalf of a Fortune 200 construction and agricultural equipment manufacturer in a federal court dealer termination dispute.
- Lead counsel on behalf of a Fortune 500 automotive parts distributor in an Idaho price discrimination litigation, including successful defense before the Ninth Circuit.
- Lead counsel defending the world’s largest manufacturer of floor covering products in connection with a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into coordinated activities and related federal and state court class action price-fixing litigation.
- Lead trial counsel on behalf of the largest manufacturer of mobile phones in multiple state class actions alleging product defects. All of the class actions were dismissed at the trial court level.
- Lead counsel for a global wireless equipment manufacturer in ICC patent licensing disputes over second- and third-generation wireless technologies.
- Lead counsel in an ICC arbitration on behalf of an international cellular network supplier against a Venezuelan cellular provider, resulting in a $46 million award on behalf of our client.
Antitrust Transaction Counseling
- Lead counsel for the second-largest movie and game rental company in a DOJ investigation into the client’s effort to acquire a competitor, successfully challenging a competing simultaneous hostile takeover effort.
- Represented the nation’s largest manufacturer of paper packaging products in connection with a DOJ investigation into the acquisition of a competitor.
- Represents a construction equipment manufacturer in a DOJ investigation of an acquisition by a competitor.
- Represents a global construction products manufacturer in an FTC investigation into the formation of a joint venture with an industry competitor.
- Represents a global floor covering manufacturer in a DOJ review of multiple acquisitions of competitive product manufacturers.
- Represents an online professional placement firm before the DOJ in a merger with a competitor.
- Represents a specialty printing company before the FTC in connection with an acquisition by a competitor.