Patent Prosecution and Counseling
- Leading a team of attorneys and agents prosecuting patent applications and conducting patentability and freedom to operate studies for a major household appliance manufacturer.
- Counsel to a global medical diagnostic equipment manufacturer directing utility and design patent prosecution.
- Prepared and drafted patent applications directed to active optical cables, vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs), and corresponding transceivers.
- Counsel to a global conglomerate regarding international protection and enforcement strategies for an industry-leading line of bar code scanning products.
- Counsel to a startup steam turbine developer.
- Counsel to a national plumbing fixture manufacturer.
- Performed freedom to operate analyses for a hydraulic equipment manufacturer related to the release of a new product line.
- Counsel to a global leader in online commerce, data analytics, machine learning, and mobile application content delivery.
- Counsel to a leading multinational company in child car seating, strollers, and accessories.
- Represented a large telecommunications company in intellectual property matters associated with the acquisition of a carve-out division of another company.
- Represented a private-equity-backed chip manufacturer in intellectual property matters related to its acquisition of a high-efficiency server processor business.
- Prepared license agreements and supporting documents for the monetization of a startup client’s patent portfolio.
- Represented the patent owner in inter partes review proceedings related to expandable downhole drilling tools, securing dismissal at the institution stage or a final decision on the merits upholding all claims from two challenged patents related to expandable downhole tools.
- Obtained the broadening reissue of a client patent with new claims directed to a specific component of a previously claimed assembly.
- Consumer products, including household appliances, mobile devices, user interfaces, child safety seats, apparel, strollers, and sporting equipment.
- Industrial products, including downhole drilling and well completion tools, wastewater treatment systems, hydraulic sludge removal systems, agricultural bearings, plumbing fixtures, and dust collection systems.
- Medical technologies, including diagnostic testing machines, localized iontophoretic treatment devices, sample isolation and centrifugation containers, PET scanners, tangential flow filtration systems, treatment vessels, and storage containers.
- Automotive devices, including shifters, seat belt load cells and sensing equipment, racetrack fixtures, and safety harnesses.
- Optical communications, including active optical cables and transceivers using VCSELs.
- Business and e-commerce products, including merchant point-of-sale interfaces, image recognition software and hardware, promotion and marketing systems, barcode scanners, and touch panels.
- Marine electronics, including sonar mapping, depth sounders, fish finders, chart-plotters, and related instruments and components.