- Served as senior vice president and employee benefit compliance practice leader for McGriff Insurance Services (formerly BB&T Insurance Services), supervising five attorneys and associated support staff in providing guidance under ERISA, the ACA, the Internal Revenue Code, COBRA, HIPAA, and other federal statutes.
- Served as associate general counsel for several large related multiemployer health and retirement funds, supervising an eight-attorney employee benefits litigation practice group.
- Advised flexible spending account (FSA) and COBRA third-party administrators with compliance issues.
- Represented employers in their roles as plan sponsors and administrators.
- Represented individual fiduciaries and benefit plan service providers.
- Advised retirement plan sponsors in resolving retirement plan qualification problems and disputes including IRS audits and use of the IRS’s remedial programs under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS).
- Assisted employers in designing, drafting, implementing, maintaining, and terminating tax-qualified retirement plans.
- Phone: +1 919 862 2290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken has over 35 years of experience assisting plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers with compliance and litigation issues affecting both retirement and health and welfare plans. He’s headed an ERISA litigation practice for multiemployer pension and welfare plans and lead the employee benefits compliance practice for one of the largest insurance brokers in the country.