Construction Litigation & Arbitration
- Representing a joint venture in an action to enforce capital call obligations of a defaulting joint-venturer on a $2.3 billion public-private partnership highway project with the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Representing a Brazilian contractor in an LCIA arbitration concerning a highway construction project in Trinidad & Tobago. Following an extensive evidentiary hearing involving 16 fact and expert witnesses, our team obtained an award in excess of $200 million.
- Representing an engineering services company in defense of claims arising out of the development of two biomass plants in Georgia. The disputed claims, in excess of $250 million, involve plant design, construction, and performance and are proceeding in an ad hoc arbitration.
- Advising an industrial manufacturer on contract administration and dispute resolution related to an approximately $100 million engineering, procurement, and construction management contract for a chemical manufacturing facility expansion in Blacksburg, SC.
- Representing an owner in drafting and negotiating a bespoke design-build agreement for the construction of a new $120 million dairy processing facility in Texas. Representation further includes advising the client on contract administration and enforcement, change management, and dispute avoidance.
- Representing numerous owners and developers in the drafting, review, and negotiation of construction contracts and related agreements, particularly with large-scale commercial, residential, industrial, and infrastructure projects.
- Advising a solar module manufacturer regarding contract administration, particularly regarding the impacts of global supply chain disruptions.
- Represented a public entity owner of an 800-mile, $60+ billion high speed train system in California, including advising on change management, contract administration, risk analysis, and dispute resolution.
- Representing bidders with pre-award and post-award bid protests, including prosecuting and defending against such protests. Experience includes representing a Fortune 500 construction company in a bid protest involving a $200 million public works project in Santa Clara, CA and obtaining emergency relief before ultimately reaching a mutually agreeable resolution with the agency.
- Representing clients with open records litigation, including successfully obtaining a protective order to prevent disclosure of a client’s proposal to competing bidders.
- Representing a government contractor with the novation of numerous contracts upon the sale of assets.