- Prepared and negotiated more than 60 voluntary compliance filings and closing agreements with the IRS under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System for qualified retirement plans and 403(b) plans for large clients (companies with 300,000 or more employees) and smaller clients.
- Negotiated a closing agreement saving more than $1 million in additional taxes and penalties in a fringe benefit dispute.
- Reduced a proposed closing agreement penalty of greater than $2 million to $75,000 in a 403(b) audit.
- Successfully negotiated a dispute involving 457(f) plans for key executives resulting saving more than $100,000 in penalties.
- On behalf of a health care organization, was able to reduce an IRS proposed closing agreement fee from $1.5 million down to $75,000.
- Represent FORTUNE 500 companies in compliance issues associated with their 401(k) plans and defined benefit plans.
- Draft, amend and advise on legal compliance with cash balance plans for FORTUNE 500 companies, as well as smaller professional service companies.
- Regularly conduct legal plan audits for qualified retirement plans to identify legal risks prior to potential audits by IRS or DOL.
- Phone: +1 404 881 7469
When faced with federal audits and ERISA issues, Fortune 500 clients call on Craig for counsel to proactively hedge their risks. He represents companies in disputes before the IRS, DOL and PBGC. He has a track record of preparing and negotiating filings and closing agreements that save clients millions of dollars in taxes and penalties.