Complex Commercial/Class Actions
- Represented a textile manufacturer in a breach of contract/warranty suit related to the defendant component supplier’s sale of defective goods used in our client’s manufacturing process. After a three-week jury trial, our client won a verdict worth more than $90 million, including substantial damages for the replacement of defective goods, lost profits, attorneys’ fees, and prejudgment interest.
- Serves as class action defense counsel to Mazda in multidistrict litigation in Miami following widely publicized vehicle recalls relating to allegedly defective Takata airbags.
- Served on the national class action defense team for Toyota in one of the largest multidistrict litigations in U.S. history following widely publicized vehicle recalls.
- Defended a construction materials company in a multimillion-dollar breach of contract dispute in a state court case that settled favorably shortly before trial.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturers and technology companies in intellectual property litigation matters involving monopolization counterclaims.
- Represented a leading technology company in the prosecution of antitrust claims over price-fixing by cathode ray tube suppliers.
- Served as the sole antitrust counsel for an industry trade association in meetings related to the development of new mobile payment systems.
- Represented companies in various industries, including health care, flooring, and financial services, in response to Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission premerger investigations.
- Briefed, argued, and obtained summary judgment on behalf of a corporate plaintiff in a multimillion-dollar contract and fraud dispute with its insurer in Georgia state court.
- Represented a national insurance carrier in insurance coverage disputes and bad-faith litigation related to Hurricane Ike.