Alston & Bird’s Private Bank Lending Team assists private and national banks develop lending programs focused on ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We help banks serve these individuals and their families by providing continued access to liquid capital through leveraging their vast assets and market investment holdings.
Our team helps private banks develop and enhance private bank and portfolio lending programs, as well as structuring, documenting, and closing term loans and credit facilities of every size and type: unsecured products, purpose and non-purpose secured lending backed by securities holdings, all classes of commercial real estate, portfolios of commercial property, equity interests in hedge funds, REITs, and private equity funds, private aircraft, and even rare wine collections and fine art.
Because of our experience handling the complexities of private-client finance lending programs, our Private Bank Lending Team often serves as gatekeepers for private banks, broker-dealers, private wealth management groups, and in-house legal teams who require our breadth of knowledge that affect day-to-day operations, including:
- Regulation U, Regulation W, AML compliance, Dodd–Frank, OFAC compliance, and other bank regulatory matters
- Trusts & Estates practice, since many borrowers/guarantors are family trusts
- Hedge fund / offshore tax matters
- Financial Services Litigation, in case high-net-worth collateral goes astray:
- Post-default commercial loan litigation
- Real property and UCC foreclosures
- Suits on notes and guaranty agreements