- Counsel to one of the world’s largest wireless technology companies in patent infringement matters involving multiple federal district courts including the Western District of Texas.
- Counsel to a leading coffee maker in a patent infringement matter before the district court.
- Led the defense of a matter that was selected as one of the Top Defense Verdicts of 2019 by the Daily Journal. The case involved Bluetooth and cloud-based telehealth hearing-aid technology filed against one of the largest hearing-aid manufacturers in the world. Yuri’s team prevailed in a motion for summary judgment that confirmed the perils of seeking trade secret protection while simultaneously seeking patent and copyright protection and the importance of carefully crafting the terms of an NDA.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company before the International Trade Commission in a Section 337 investigation related to patent infringement by a competitor.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order on behalf of clients in a federal action that prevented competitors from misappropriating trade secrets, falsely advertising, unfairly competing and diverting customers and employees, and destroying evidence.
- Secured a jury verdict of willful patent infringement and copyright infringement against a client’s competitor selling an infringing sea scooter.
- Argued before the Federal Circuit, which resulted in a seminal decision providing guidance on claim construction of design patents and affirming an order striking a patent expert from rendering opinions.
- Obtained a favorable claim construction and a subsequent noninfringement judgment in a case asserting against a client infringement of a patent directed to a personal flotation device.
- Obtained full dismissal of a company sued by a competitor for allegedly infringing a wearable technology patent.
- Obtained full dismissal of a patent infringement action relating to mobile app technology on behalf of a publicly traded retailer.
- Obtained full dismissal of a company sued for allegedly infringing a transportation technology patent.
- Achieved relisting of products taken down on Amazon based on alleged patent infringement.
- Prevailed in a Ninth Circuit appeal on behalf of an international meat company on an order issued in the Central District of California related to proper service of summons.
- Obtained full dismissal, without payment, of an automotive parts company in a product liability action.
- Defended multiple automobile manufacturers in patent infringement cases involving tire pressure monitoring systems and accelerometers used in airbag restraint systems.
- Representing multinational companies to customize and implement patent and trademark enforcement programs to combat infringement, counterfeiting, and gray market goods, and to recover damages from infringers.
- Obtained a significant monetary settlement on behalf of a client against a Fortune 100 company accused of infringement within weeks of filing the suit and a temporary restraining order.
- Represented a global manufacturer in a patent infringement suit against a competitor related to patented technology in automotive parts, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a leading sports apparel and equipment company in a trademark infringement case.
- Prevailed in two separate motions to dismiss a securities class action filed against a client based in the People’s Republic of China that was accused of making material misrepresentations in its securities filings.
- Obtained full dismissal, sanctions, attorneys’ fees, and a monetary settlement from a plaintiff who sued a Fortune 500 company client for unfair business practices and fraud.
Yuri Mikulka leads the firm’s Consumer Technology Patent Litigation Team. Yuri focuses on litigation involving patent and trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, class actions, and complex business disputes. With 25 years of litigation experience, Yuri leads the defense of court actions, arbitrations, and pre-suit disputes nationwide, and has helped her clients eliminate billions in potential damages and obtain significant jury verdicts and settlements. She led the defense of a federal trade secret misappropriation action, selected as one of the “Top Defense Verdicts” by the Daily Journal.
Yuri is recognized as one of the top IP attorneys in California by the Daily Journal and among the 500 most influential people in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal. In 2021, IAM Strategy 300 honored Yuri among the “World’s Leading IP Strategists” and The Los Angeles Times recognized Yuri as a “legal visionary.”
Yuri serves as the president of the Federal Bar Association (LA Chapter), and as the national division director and former council member of the governing body of the ABA Section of Litigation. She also serves as the Ninth Circuit representative of the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary that evaluates and ranks federal judicial nominees for the U.S. Senate confirmation hearing.
- Pepperdine University (职业法律博士)
- University of California, Irvine (学士学位)
- Federal Bar Association, Los Angeles Chapter, Executive Committee, treasurer
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Committee, co-chair
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, councilmember (governing body)
- American Bar Association, Litigation Journal, editorial board (former)
- American Bar Association, Committee on Corporate Counsel, national co-chair (former)
- American Law Institute (ALI-ABA), Advisory Committee (former)
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- Pro hac vice to the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, Eastern District of Texas, and Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and district courts in Florida, Illinois, and Massachusetts.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit