Alston & Bird lawyers have represented developers, contractors, subcontractors and lenders in connection with a variety of commercial construction projects. Below is a representative list of those matters.
- Representation of an owner with respect to contracts for the construction of a 40-acre, mixed-use complex around a mass transit station in Atlanta.
- Represented the Georgia Aquarium in connection with the construction of the world’s largest aquarium facility.
- Represented a general contractor and its joint venture members in the negotiation of the contract for the construction of the 191 Peachtree Street Tower, a 50-story office tower located in downtown Atlanta.
- Represented a general contractor in the negotiation of a contract for construction of Bank of America Tower, a 50-story office tower in midtown Atlanta.
- Represented a pension fund with respect to the construction of various office towers around the United States.
- Represented a construction manager in the negotiation of the construction management agreement for the Atlanta Federal Center, a GSA-owned and -developed, $200 million design-build office and retail project in downtown Atlanta.
- Represented a major high-rise residential REIT in design and construction contract negotiations for a certified historic rehabilitation project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented the owner in the drafting and negotiation of a $30 million development agreement for an office complex in Northern Virginia.
- Represented retail developers in the negotiation of design and construction contracts for a $500 million mixed-use project in San Jose, California, a $140 million mixed-use redevelopment project in Ontario, California, and a $100 million mixed-use complex in Arlington, Virginia.
- Represented an insurance company in negotiations with contractors, designers and design-builders for multiple expansions to its corporate headquarters campus.
- Prepared standard form, construction-related agreements for a major telecommunications company regarding the expansion of its cellular telephone network.
- Represented a major entertainment company in connection with the construction of world headquarters in Burbank, California.
- Prepared and reviewed construction loan documents for a national lender based in New York.
- Represented the owner/lender in litigation involving $14 million in design and construction defects in an office tower in Minneapolis.
- Represented a national retailer in extensive claims and litigation arising out of projects in 15 different states.
- Represented a developer in the arbitration of a $2 million defective work claim on a regional shopping center in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a major construction company in the defense of a delay and constructive acceleration claim on a high-rise office tower in Atlanta.
- Represented a major shopping center developer with respect to $3 million in claims arising out of the termination of a general contractor on a project in Rockville, Maryland.
- Represented a shopping center developer in defending a delay claim brought by a general contractor on a shopping center project in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Represented a national electrical contractor in connection with the assertion of approximately $9 million in claims relating to the construction of a 53-story high-rise office building in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented a curtainwall contractor in connection with claims arising out of the construction of a commercial office building in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented a construction products manufacturer in claims arising out of the renovation of a regional mall in Georgia.
- Represented a steel erection contractor against claims of alleged defective welding associated with a number of office building projects constructed in southern California. These claims arose following the 1994 Northridge earthquake.
Alston & Bird Again Ranks Nationally Among Top Construction Law Firms by Construction Executive Magazine
Alston & Bird is recognized for the third year in a row by Construction Executive Magazine’s survey of “The Top 50 Construction Law Firms,” which highlights the nation’s leaders in the field of complex construction law.