You have done everything possible to ensure that your business will thrive. Still, disputes, legal conflicts, and other obstacles can come out of nowhere to impede your profitability and damage your brand’s reputation. Alston & Bird’s Industrials & Manufacturing Team helps clients survive and stay competitive through these storms. We represent clients throughout the industrial and manufacturing space, including operations in automotive, bricks and stone, building supplies, floor coverings, household appliances, lumber, packaging, pharmaceuticals, plastics, textiles, and more as they confront the myriad disputes that can arise and derail years or decades of hard work.
Our litigation team is a multidisciplinary collection of seasoned lawyers who bring together a cross section of professional experience. As courtroom advocates, we have achieved significant successes for our clients, but less visibly, we serve as informed counselors with big-picture perspectives that can help head off disputes and conflicts before they happen. Our deep bench of legal and professional talent gives us the ability to successfully defend your company’s interests in supply contract disputes, requirements contracts, joint venture agreements and disputes, environmental and property claims that may arise from manufacturing plant operations, workplace accidents and disasters, consumer product safety claims, alleged defects in materials or products, antitrust challenges, government and internal investigations, trade secret and intellectual property matters, and more.
Our lawyers have served as lead and primary counsel in complex, high-stakes litigation, including multidistrict litigation. When your company is threatened with a high-profile legal dispute, you need a team with a comprehensive understanding of your legal situation and public relations and crisis management strategies that can see you through. Alston & Bird delivers, protecting your company’s interests in and out of court.
Companies in the industrials and manufacturing industry are the foundation of the products ultimately provided by a multitude of other businesses. The designated team at Alston & Bird understands the importance of your organization and knows how to structure and execute your M&A and capital-raising transactions to avoid the pitfalls that can delay or derail your goals. Our clients range from manufacturers and distributors of automotive components, building products, and paperboard packaging, among others, and include companies with operations on four continents. We believe in building long-term relationships so that we may learn your preferences and organizational structure to efficiently address your needs.
Our team is consistently recognized for client service and the volume of deal activity we advise on every day:
- FactSet – Alston & Bird ranked in the top 15 for both “US Middle Market Announced Deals” and “US Announced Deals” and in the top 25 for “Global Announced Deals,” all based on number of deals in 2022.
- GlobalData – Alston & Bird ranked #3 as construction M&A legal adviser, based on deal value through Q3 2022.
- Refinitiv – Alston & Bird ranked in the top 10 as “Global Capital Markets Issuer Legal Advisor, US Equity & Equity Related,” based on number of deals in Q1 2022.
- The Deal – Based on number of deals with a value of $100 million or more in 2022, Alston & Bird ranked in the top 25 as an “M&A Legal Adviser” and as a “Private Equity M&A Legal Adviser.”
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” (2023) – Alston & Bird is ranked nationally in Tier 1 in the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities/Capital Markets, and Securities Regulation Law categories.