Clark Calhoun and Michael Giovannini were featured presenters at this seminar sponsored by Lorman Education Services. The program was designed to provide an update of Georgia sales and use tax rules and regulations. Participants learned what's taxable, the best way to handle multistate issues and how to survive sales tax audits. Clark presented "Registration and Filing" from 10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Clark and Michael were featured presenters during the session, "Nexus and Tax Collection Obligations Outside Georgia," from 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Other topics covered in the seminar included the following.
- Overview of Georgia Sales and Use Taxes
- Exemptions from Tax
- Scenarios That Can Create Traps for the Unwary
- Sales Tax Regulations, Relying on Representations of the Georgia Department of Revenue and Communicating with the Department
- Compliance and Enforcement
- State Tax Executions, Collection Techniques and Criminal Penalties
January 19, 2011
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cobb Galeria Centre / Atlanta, GA