Alston & Bird hosts monthly client seminars designed to provide current, relevant information about today’s legal issues.
At this program, the topic was focused on Risk Retention for B-Piece Buyers and Servicers: What Risks Are Retained. The following topics were covered during the program:
- How will risk retention impact market for B-pieces?
- Will regulations result in a contraction of market participants?
- Will B-piece buyers have to sign onto transaction documents to reflect new regulations?
- Will retention of servicing rights by sponsors result in true sale analysis issues?
- What structures will be utilized when multiple B-piece buyers team together?
- Will contractual servicing standards change as a result of regulations?
- Will regulations result in increased transaction costs to CMBS borrowers and/or transaction parties?
- Will single-asset deals now have a true B-piece?
- What B-piece structures and/or mortgage loan structures, if any, might result when the regulations become effective?
- Steve Hogue, COO, River Banc
- Geoff Maibohm, Counsel, Alston & Bird Finance Group
- Steven A. Rivers, General Counsel, LNR Property LLC
- Chris van Heerden, Director & Head of CMBS Research, Wells Fargo Securities
Web conference available | General NC CLE credit pending. Additional states available upon request | Cocktail reception following
Questions? Please contact Maggie Janke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-444-1459.
March 17, 2016
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Alston & Bird LLP / Bank of America Plaza / 37th Floor / 101 South Tryon Street / Charlotte, NC 28280