Jim Harvey will be participating on the panel "Cybersecurity for the Financial Sector" at this event hosted by the CyberTexas Foundation.
Cybersecurity has been a vexing problem for financial service sector companies for some time, but the expanding nature of potential risks to both the financial institutions themselves and to their private and commercial customers makes the job of an FI CISO one of the hardest C-suite positions in the corporate world. This panel will explore a number of challenges, including:
• Regulatory scrutiny of cyber risk management since the release of the FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool - how have things changed?
• Is the NIST Framework changing the way FIs organize their cybersecurity programs? Is that a good thing?
• Cyber and the "Three Lines of Defense Model - How should defense be organized inside small, medium and large institutions?
• Risk assessments, testing and analysis - what tools does a FI CISO need to know the status of an organization's cyber universe?
• Cyber and vendor risk management - the SIGs, the SOCs, the surveys. Are any of them helping?
August 23-24, 2016
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center / San Antonio, TX