Privacy and Data Security
- Represented one of the largest companies in the world in all aspects of acquiring and implementing an enterprise collaboration system with a footprint of more than 50 countries around the globe, including addressing GDPR, CCPA, and similar emerging multijurisdictional statutory and regulatory issues.
- Advised multiple boards of directors and c-suite executive teams on all aspects of cybersecurity preparedness and response and emerging data regimes, such as the GDPR, CCPA, NYDFS regulations, and emerging statutory and regulatory data regimes around the globe.
- Advised multiple participants in an online and offline data advertising ecosystem in the U.S. and across the globe in all aspects of data collection, sharing, and use, including related EU regulatory investigations.
- Represented one of the world’s largest payments processors in a network intrusion affecting the data of individuals in more than 80 countries around the globe, including resulting regulatory investigations in eight countries.
- Represented multiple insurers in network intrusions, account takeovers, and related fraud attempts, including multiple state attorneys general investigations and insurance regulatory investigations.
- Represented one of the world’s largest online job placement websites in a third-party criminal network intrusion, including all aspects of law enforcement interaction and management, regulatory compliance and notifications, insurance, and communications.
- Assisted one of the world’s most prominent cybersecurity technology providers, one of the world’s largest banks, one of the world’s largest logistics companies, one of the world’s largest technology services providers, and one of only eight SIFMUs (systemically important financial market utilities) in GDPR analysis and implementation, including all aspects of global data transfer issues, such as the Privacy Shield, model contracts, and binding corporate rules.
- Represented one of the world’s largest payment processing companies in all phases of unauthorized intrusion into their network and all associated third-party actions and proceedings, including state attorneys general, Federal Trade Commission, federal financial services regulators, and multiple international financial services regulators and enforcement agencies.
- Represented several of the world’s largest research-based manufacturers in all phases of advanced persistent threat attacks from nation-state threat actors targeting both intellectual property and other corporate and personal data.