Blake Estes will be a panelist during this webinar hosted by HFM.
Managers are showing increased interest in starting cryptocurrency funds or adding cryptocurrencies to their trading strategy (in fact, in December 2016, cryptocurrency market capitalization was only $15 billion; today, it is $170 billion). However, trading and valuation of digital currency is complex, and these funds face new and unique legal and regulatory concerns.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- Best practices for starting a cryptocurrency fund or incorporating digital assets into an existing fund
- How to structure this type of fund vehicle – fees, liquidity, share classes
- How to handle these funds’ unique regulatory compliance considerations and anti-money laundering requirements
- Dealing with issues around the valuation of currencies
- Available portfolio management tools
- How to best arrange custody of assets and keep those assets secure
- Taxation of digital assets
For more information, click here.