As part of Global Law Week, Carlos Ramos-Mrosovsky will speak at the International Section of the New York State Bar Association’s “Enforcement of Arbitration Awards and Judgments Against Sovereigns” program. Alston & Bird will be the program’s host and CLE sponsor.
Carlos will be joined by panelists Christina Hioureas of Foley Hoag, Ruth Teitelbaum of Tenor Capital, and Christopher Weil of the Mintz Group. The panel will discuss:
- The provisions of the U.S. Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA) that govern enforcement against foreign sovereigns in U.S. courts.
- Defenses to enforcement frequently raised by sovereigns.
- Differences between the enforcement against foreign states of arbitration awards arising under international investment treaties and contracts.
- Discovery of and execution against sovereign assets under the FSIA.
- Other recent developments in the field.