Privilege Considerations in Global Litigation Settings
As litigation becomes increasingly international, it is particularly important to be aware of different jurisdictions’ conceptions and applications of privilege. This presentation will touch on the boundaries of privilege when litigating on a global scale, addressing questions such as:
- On what grounds may documents be properly withheld for privilege during discovery?
- What kind of “privilege log” documentation is required for properly withholding privileged or otherwise protected materials?
- Which privilege rule applies when dealing with foreign legal professionals?
- Are communications with domestic or foreign patent agents similarly protected by privilege?
- What special considerations exist for in-house counsel in a global corporate setting?
Login information will be provided to participants before the program.
To register, click here.
These programs are provided as a complimentary service to clients and friends of Alston & Bird. CLE credit is pending for a number of jurisdictions, including those where we have offices. If you have a specific jurisdiction you wish to inquire about, please contact us at the email below.
Questions? Contact Abby Forness at email@example.com or 404.881.7824.