Treasury Secretary Yellen recently announced that the IRS’s budget will increase by more than 10 percent (or $1.2 billion) in FY 2022. Treasury is expected to devote more than $900 million of the increase to tax enforcement and shrinking the tax gap. Where will the IRS and DOJ focus their efforts? How can you best prepare for what’s coming?
Join some of our tax litigators as we discuss the hot issues and what we expect to see in the near future. We will cover:
Our predictions on what we see as high-priority audit and enforcement issues including:
- New LB&I campaigns related to the TCJA
- The newly-formed IRS Office of Promoter Investigations
- An emphasis on criminal investigations and high-wealth audits
- COVID-19 related fraud (PPP, ERTC)
- Best practices in preparing for an IRS audit
- Recent changes to IRS whistleblower statutes and best practices
For additional information or to register, contact email@example.com.