Peter Swire and Wim Nauwelaerts will be speakers at the IAPP Europe Data Protection Congress 2021.
Peter Swire will speak on the panel “Privacy Protections for Government Requests Across Borders: EU and Globally.” This panel will provide attendees with an up-to-the-minute understanding of how new privacy initiatives relate to each other and to the day-to-day practice of companies subject to law enforcement requests. The panel includes a senior EU official, a senior U.S. government official, the research director of the Cross-Border Data Forum, and a leading European expert.
- The key legal developments for the multiple initiatives now underway to update rules for government access to data
- Insights from global experts on the most contested issues and possible resolutions
- How these developments interact with the Schrems II opinion’s analysis of rules for government access to data
Wim Nauwelaerts will speak on the panel “Shining a Light on Shadow IT: Monitoring and Managing Risks.” Shadow IT grew with the quick pivot to working remotely when COVID-19 struck. Organizations welcoming staff back to the office and strengthening their hybrid work models seek to regain control of data that moved during lockdown, and the use of personal devices and unofficial cloud storage solutions increased organizational liability.
- Case studies from incidents caused by shadow IT
- Legal and security implications of BYOD
- Practical ways to monitor the proliferation of shadow IT
For more information or to register, click here.