Meredith Gage and Kyle Woods spoke at the 2022 Employee Benefits in Virtual Mergers & Acquisitions National Institute hosted by the American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits (JCEB).
Meredith Gage moderated the panel, "The Anatomy of a Deal: Key Aspects of Mergers and Acquisition Deals that Every Benefits Lawyer Should Know." Kyle Woods also spoke on this panel. The session covered:
- The due diligence process
- Representations, warranties, indemnification, and understanding key definitions
- Covenants and transition issues
Meredith also moderated the panel, "When the Shareholder is an ESOP: How to Navigate Buying or Selling an Entity with an ESOP Shareholder." The session covered:
- Asset sale, merger and stock sale
- Independent fiduciaries
- Special provisions for the purchase agreement
- Due diligence considerations
For more information, click here.