- Defeated class certification in multiple ERISA cases against a Fortune 100 company.
- Representing a Fortune 100 health care company in litigation around the country relating to insulin pricing.
- Representing a client in trial court and appellate proceedings relating to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.
- Petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court in Dart Cherokee Basin Operating Co. LLC v. Owens, No. 13-719, resulting in a ruling in the clients’ favor on the merits.
- Representing an interstate pipeline company in litigation across the Midwest relating to its pipeline project.
- Served as appellate counsel in a complex commercial dispute before the Second Circuit. The Second Circuit affirmed a large judgment in the clients’ favor.
- Defending a Fortune 100 health care company against multiple putative nationwide class actions.
- Represented 77 former state attorneys general as amici curiae supporting former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell’s case before the U.S. Supreme Court challenging his convictions for public corruption. The Supreme Court vacated McDonnell’s convictions and cited the brief from the attorneys general in its opinion.
- Served as appellate counsel before the Supreme Court of Georgia in a commercial dispute over Ferrari race cars.
- First chair in multiple favorable expedited arbitrations for a Fortune 100 company.
- Defended Georgia’s business judgment rule before the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- Represented a natural gas joint-action agency in federal litigation over hedge prices.
- Representing the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as amicus curiae in multiple cases across the country on issues ranging from the reach of public-nuisance law to the standards for class certification to constitutional checks on verdicts.
- Represented a global automobile manufacturer in one of the largest multidistrict litigations in history.
- Represented a national satellite television provider in putative nationwide antitrust class actions challenging the National Hockey League’s and Major League Baseball’s systems for distributing telecasts of live games.
Brian Boone has represented clients before federal and state trial and appellate courts and arbitration panels in cases involving constitutional law, health care, ERISA, antitrust, RICO, the False Claims Act, securities laws, and state consumer-fraud laws. Brian focuses his practice on defending Fortune 500 and other companies in complex trial litigation. He also co-leads the firm’s appellate practice.
In recent years, Brian has, among other engagements, represented a Fortune 100 health care company in numerous litigations across the country relating to drug pricing, represented a client in trial court and appellate proceedings relating to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, defended a Fortune 100 company in dozens of arbitrations, and represented an interstate pipeline company in litigation across the Midwest.
The Best Lawyers in America© has recognized Brian as a leading appellate attorney.
Before entering private practice, Brian served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. Karen J. Williams of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Emory University (J.D., 2006)
- King College (B.A., 1998)
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, D.C., and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Georgia