- Defended a former mortgage bond trader at a major investment bank in a highly publicized securities fraud case brought by the SEC in the Southern District of New York. Following extensive discovery, the SEC agreed to voluntarily dismiss all claims against the client with prejudice.
- Defended a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company and its board of directors in M&A/proxy litigation brought in Nevada state court. Following expedited discovery and a multiday evidentiary hearing, the court denied the shareholder plaintiff’s motion for a preliminary injunction, permitting the client to close the transaction.
- Represented one of the world’s largest derivatives dealers in a payment default with its customer, a multinational real estate and petroleum investor, negotiating a mutually beneficial settlement that avoided protracted litigation.
- Represented a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in parallel SEC and DOJ investigations related to insider trading and other regulatory and compliance issues.
- Represented a leading beverage manufacturer in federal litigation related to an arbitration against a commercial supplier.
- Phone: +1 212 210 9548
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris is a skilled and experienced litigator who helps clients navigate all aspects of complex litigation, including high stakes commercial disputes, government enforcement actions, and white-collar criminal prosecutions.