- Representing a military defense contractor in its enforcement of a significant arbitration award against the State of Libya, including proceedings before the Supreme Court of England.
- Represented an Irish issuer of bonds in ongoing High Court proceedings, turning upon the payment of a €250 million premium, allegedly due on repayment of the bonds.
- Representing an investment arm of the largest commercial bank in Saudi Arabia in High Court proceedings, arising from the widely reported collapse of the NMC Health group in Abu Dhabi.
- Represented an international investment bank in proceedings before the Court of Appeal, in a dispute regarding the allocation of a payment premium following secondary trades between the relevant parties.
- Represented an international private equity house in respect of claims pursued, in numerous jurisdictions, against its founder, with an aggregate value in excess of €950 million.
- Represented multiple hedge funds in proceedings against the Irish Nationwide Building Society, regarding the rights of its subordinated bond holders, including proceedings before the Court of Appeal.
- Represented an international investment bank in High Court proceedings brought against it relating to its role as a collateral management agent, with the dispute involving Lehman Brothers International (Europe).
- Represented various investment banks in a variety of disputes relating to subordinated debt, credit default and interest rate swaps, and other derivative products.
- Phone: +44 20 8161 4362
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick has extensive experience in commercial and financial services litigation, often encompassing an international element and includes cases in both the English Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. A go-to litigator, his clients depend on him to provide pragmatic strategies to their most complex, high-stakes disputes.