- Served as second chair, obtaining a complete defense jury verdict in favor of a national restaurant company in a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and tort claims filed by the former CEO in the Superior Court of California, San Francisco County. Argued post-trial motions resulting in our client being awarded various litigation costs and fees.
- Co-lead counsel defending a private global consulting firm against claims of corporate raiding and conspiracy to lift out a practice group in a lawsuit filed by a competitor in the Superior Court of Florida, Dade County. The case settled favorably the day before jury selection.
- Member of the trial team representing a Chinese manufacturer in a construction materials products liability class action in an MDL proceeding in the Eastern District of Louisiana, where plaintiffs sought billions of dollars in damages. Retained after the client was held in civil and criminal contempt and defaulted on class liability. The case eventually settled for less than 15 percent of claimed damages.
- Co-lead trial counsel for a prominent recording artist, producer, and songwriter in a breach of contract and accounting action brought by his former manager in the Superior Court of Georgia, DeKalb County. Obtained dismissal of all claims and an award of attorneys’ fees, which was upheld on appeal.
- Co-lead counsel for a global consulting company in a JAMS arbitration concerning a fee dispute, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained dismissal of a deceptive trade practices claim for a global materials supplier in a lawsuit filed by a general contractor in the District Court of Nebraska.
- Co-lead counsel for a Canadian controls engineer in arbitration in Bilbao, Spain, under the rules of the Bilbao Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Shipping in a breach of contract dispute with a Spanish general contractor regarding the construction of a manufacturing facility in New York. Obtained dismissal on jurisdictional grounds.
- Lead counsel for a national bank facing claims related to a construction loan. Case was settled favorably before a lawsuit was filed.
- Represented a U.S. energy company in multijurisdictional litigation involving $968 million in alleged cost overruns and delay damages on a nuclear power project in the U.S.
- Obtained full recovery, plus attorneys’ fees, for the owner in a breach of contract action against a general contractor concerning a retail development in Warner Robins, GA.
- Represented a national builder in a class action lawsuit concerning water intrusion damages at a condominium complex in South Carolina.
- Represented a leading construction equipment supplier in the protest of a Virginia Department of Transportation award of a $25 million contract, resulting in a reversal of the original award and a new award of the contract to the client.
- Represented a contractor in a $60 million claim arising from a commercial construction project in Mississippi.
- Represented a national health insurer/administrator in litigation and administrative proceedings concerning the procurement of a multibillion-dollar set of state employee health benefits contracts.
- Defended a major information technology company’s award of three contracts totaling $20 million in a state bid protest action before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings.
- Represented a major defense contractor in subpoenas for documents arising out of IT services and products subcontracts.
- Counsel to a protestor before the Government Accountability Office regarding the award of a multimillion-dollar land acquisition and development contract by the General Services Administration, resulting in the award being overturned and solicitation reissued.
- Represented a contractor in a voluntary disclosure and the subsequent inspector general investigation.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in claims arising from a multimillion-dollar office space renovation project in Fort Worth, TX.
- Counsel to a Nasdaq company in federal government investigations regarding a contractor’s compliance with procurement regulations.
Steven Campbell is a commercial litigator who represents a wide range of clients in a variety of complex business disputes and government investigations. Steven has litigated jury and nonjury cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as various national and international arbitral forums.
Steven has experience in securities, class actions, products liability, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, fraudulent conveyances, deceptive trade practices, the False Claims Act, and a wide range of transactional disputes. He has substantial experience representing owners and contractors in complex commercial construction disputes, government contractors facing government investigations, and procurement protests before federal, state, and municipal bodies. Steven also represents numerous sports agencies and agents in commercial and industry disputes.
Steven received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Tennessee, where he served as editor of the Tennessee Law Review. Steven received his B.A., cum laude, in 2004 from Millsaps College, where he majored in philosophy and religious studies.
- New York
- University of Tennessee (J.D., 2008)
- Millsaps College (B.A., 2004)