- Representing a large computer manufacturer in a multiforum patent dispute related to memory technology and system interfaces.
- Representing a large lighting company in a multiforum patent dispute directed to the Wi-Fi and ZigBee communications protocols.
- Defending a large lighting company against claims of patent infringement directed to light emitting diode structures.
- Defending a large computer manufacturer in a Section 337 proceeding before the International Trade Commission against claims of patent infringement directed to digital content protection technology.
- Representing a large lighting company in a multiforum patent dispute with a competitor, where both parties are asserting claims of patent infringement.
- Defending a technology education provider against claims of trademark infringement and asserting counterclaims of trademark infringement.
- Defending a large computer manufacturer against patent infringement claims related to server networking protocols.
- Represented a large smartphone manufacturer against multiple patent infringement actions related to user authentication, data backup systems, and user location and positioning.
- Represented a large computer manufacturer in a multiforum patent dispute related to touchscreen technology.
- Defended a large wireless carrier against patent infringement claims related to its base station antennas.
- Phone: +1 214 922 3443
- Email: email@example.com
- Challenged the validity of a utility meter networking patent in an inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including defending the successful challenge in an appeal before the Federal Circuit.
- Asserted claims of patent infringement for a wire and cable manufacturer against a competitor.
- Defended a gift-delivery company against claims of trademark infringement.
- Represented one of the world’s largest telecommunications and IT technology companies in complex multiforum patent disputes with its largest competitors.
- Defended a large computer manufacturer against infringement suits by nonpracticing entities based on patents allegedly essential to various wireless standards.
- Represented a marine electronics manufacturer in asserting its patents against its main competitor before the International Trade Commission.
- Performed clearance searches and freedom-to-operate analysis for utility meter technologies and networks.
- Performed detailed noninfringement investigations to defend claims brought by patent trolls, contributing to the early settlement of multiple cases.
- Defended a biotechnology company against claims by its competitor that its tissue-processing patent was invalid and unenforceable.
- Defended a large computer manufacturer against claims that cryptographic modules in its computers infringe patents involving random number generation.
- Defended a large computer manufacturer against infringement claims by a research university in a suit related to thin film and LED technologies.
- Represented a minor child in immigration proceedings.
- Negotiated agreements on intellectual property rights, including rights for a U.S. importer and distributor of original Renaissance art and reproductions.
Brady Cox is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group in the Dallas office. Brady assists his clients with complex patent and trademark disputes and has extensive experience with intellectual property issues in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, computer hardware, and software. He has brought and defended patent disputes before the International Trade Commission, in U.S. district courts across the country (including particular expertise in the Eastern and Western Districts of Texas), and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Brady has also resolved patent disputes outside the context of litigation. He analyzes and negotiates licenses to patent portfolios for both licensors and licensees.
Brady’s technical background in physics and nanotechnology enables him to provide solid technical and legal advice to his clients. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a Dillard Fellow.
- University of Virginia (J.D., 2010)
- Brigham Young University (B.S., 2007)