- Obtained a fully favorable verdict in a federal trial under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act.
- Secured the dismissal of claims seeking $140 million at trial arising out of the sale of a business.
- Accepted appointment and represented a mother on one week’s notice in a federal trial under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act.
Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Litigation
- Representing a national medical group in multidistrict litigation arising from an alleged patient information breach.
- Represented companies in the consumer products, hospitality, and health care industries defending against putative nationwide class action lawsuits following data breaches.
- Secured fully favorable dismissal for multiple Fortune 100 companies in class action lawsuits filed following major data breaches.
Critical Motions and Appeals
- Obtained dismissal of a putative nationwide class action against a hotel chain arising out of a data breach, which was affirmed by the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented a major wireless telecommunications provider before the Fifth Circuit on an issue of first impression and obtained affirmance of dismissal based on a ruling that the client was entitled to 911 service provider immunity.
- Utilized the “snap removal” strategy to remove and defend removal to federal court in multimillion-dollar wrongful death action.