- Representing MiMedx Group in a securities class action pending in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, following the district court’s decision granting MiMedx’s motion to dismiss. In re MiMedx Group, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 1:18-cv-00830-WMR, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 254557 (N.D. Ga. Mar. 25, 2021).
- Representing First Connecticut Bancorp, Inc. and its former board members in a securities class action arising out of First Connecticut’s merger with People’s United, which is pending in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, following the district court’s decision granting defendants’ motion for summary judgment. Karp v. First Connecticut Bancorp, Inc., No. RDB-18-2496, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 77677 (D. Md. Apr. 9, 2021).
- Representing Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and two of its officers in a securities class action pending in Delaware federal court. The district court previously granted Grand Canyon’s motion to dismiss. In re Grand Canyon Educ. Secs. Litig., 2021 No. 1:20-cv-00639-MN-CJB, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 148694 (D. Del. Aug. 9, 2021), report and recommendation adopted 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 158539 (D. Del. Aug. 23, 2021). Grand Canyon’s motion to dismiss the amended complaint is pending.
- Represented LHC Group in a putative securities class action filed in Kentucky federal court arising out of its merger with Almost Family. The court denied the plaintiff’s motion for a preliminary injunction to enjoin the merger and subsequently granted the defendants’ motion to dismiss. Stein v. Almost Family, Inc., No. 3:18-cv-00129-TBR, 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 46910 (W.D. Ky. Mar. 22, 2018); In re Almost Family Secs. Litig., No. 3:18-cv-00040-RGJ, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 23456 (W.D. Ky. Feb. 11, 2020).
- Represented companies in the power generation, telecommunications, medical technology, healthcare, three-dimensional printing and other industries in securities class actions and derivative lawsuits.
- Represented companies and individuals in SEC investigations and enforcement actions.
- Phone: +1 404 881 4640
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With experience in a wide range of complex securities litigation matters, from state and federal government enforcement actions to securities fraud class actions and post-closing M&A disputes, Tim brings thoughtful solutions and creative strategies to bear for his clients.