- Represented Advaxis Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing immunotherapies, in a clinical collaboration and licensing deal with Amgen Inc. for a preclinical candidate involving $65 million in upfront cash and equity investment with $475 million in development, regulatory and sales milestones and tiered royalties on net sales.
- Negotiated a $100 million international technology transfer transaction for advanced medical devices.
- Negotiated joint development and license transactions for an advanced materials company.
- Handles technology transfer and licensing transactions for the commercialization of technologies, including wireless sensor networks, detection systems, consumer and electronics products, optics, medical devices, software and nanotechnology.
- Represented an Internet consumer business from its early stage through the successful sale of assets in connection with Internet transactions, advertising, data and IP issues.
- Resolved a multiforum patent dispute involving two international arbitration proceedings and a final U.S. district court judgment.
- Supervised copyright litigation and related remedies under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act on behalf of a major motion picture studio to stop the unauthorized use and copying of content on the Internet.
- Handles licensing and IP transactions for a global consumer goods company.
- Represented software licensees in multiple lawsuits involving approximately $50 million in settlements or verdicts to date.
- Manages and structures copyright licensing, publishing transactions and copyright disputes for the estate of a preeminent author and editorial cartoonist.
- Enforced and licensed “rights of publicity” for the library/foundation of a former U.S. President.
- Represents leading nanotechnology inventors/founders in a variety of technology transfer and emerging company transactions.
- Phone: +1 213 576 1165
- Email: email@example.com
Jonathan Gordon focuses his practice on transactions involving technology and intellectual property. He advises clients involved in the commercialization of new technologies, intellectual property and licensing transactions, and technology research and development. He counsels clients on business transactions and practices over the Internet. Jonathan also handles disputes involving licenses, patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, as well as other business disputes. He has represented clients in state and federal courts and in a variety of domestic and international arbitration forums.
Jonathan’s clients include technology companies, inventors and founders, research institutions and Fortune 500 companies engaged in software and applications, advanced materials, medical devices, clean energy, apparel, publishing and entertainment. He also advises his colleagues on ethical issues and has written and lectured on professional ethics. He is a member of the board of directors of the Constitutional Rights Foundation, a nonprofit devoted to civics education and participation by students.
Jonathan has been named one of The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, recommended for licensing transactions, by Intellectual Asset Management from 2013-2020.
- Northwestern University (J.D., 1978)
- Claremont McKenna College (B.A., 1974)
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Licensing Transactions
- IP & Software Licensing
- Technology Transfer & Complex Licensing
- Publishing & Branded Entertainment
- Marketing & Promotions
- Sponsorship & Sports Marketing
- IP and IT Audits and Due Diligence
- Trademark, Copyright & False Advertising Litigation
- Privacy, Cyber & Data Strategy
- Blockchain & Digital Assets