- Trial counsel on behalf of a major automobile insurance company defending 30 consolidated antitrust and RICO cases in an MDL proceeding in the Middle District of Florida; several cases have been dismissed on motion.
- Member of the trial counsel team of a major automobile insurance company defending an antitrust action brought by the Louisiana attorney general; won motion to dismiss.
- Represented a client in a defamation case in which we obtained dismissal of claims under Georgia’s revised anti-SLAPP statute, including claims for abusive litigation, defamation, false light, tortious interference, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Defended a national insurance company in a case involving an alleged conspiracy among insurance companies and a standard-setting organization to underinsure homeowners. The plaintiff asserted more than 20 state-law, antitrust, and RICO claims. We obtained complete dismissal of all claims through a motion to dismiss.
- Trial counsel on behalf of a major technology company prosecuting an antitrust lawsuit in the Northern District of California.
- Trial counsel in commercial litigation on behalf of a major appliance manufacturer in the Southern District of Georgia.
- Core member of the trial team in an antitrust case for a technology company in the Northern District of California, securing more than $300 million in settlements from the defendants. Elizabeth worked extensively with expert witnesses, took fact and expert depositions in the United States and Japan and was responsible for briefing a hotly contested legal issue (involving the right to recover damages under the Foreign Trade Antitrust Improvements Act), the successful resolution of which increased the client’s damages claim by billions and drove key settlements.
- Trial counsel representing an international baby products company in breach of contract and unfair competition claims in Louisiana state court. Elizabeth oversaw all aspects of discovery, took and defended depositions in the United States and abroad, drafted all trial and appellate court briefs, argued discovery motions, retained and prepared expert witnesses for deposition and examined witnesses at trial.
- Trial counsel representing a national publisher accused of defamation in Georgia state court. Elizabeth prepared and examined witnesses at trial and wrote a number of successful key motions that precluded the plaintiff from recovering punitive damages and ultimately wiped out a substantial portion of the jury verdict.
- Core member of the trial team that represented a Fortune 50 technology company in a trade secrets and unfair competition jury trial in New Orleans, where claimed damages exceeded $5 billion. After seven weeks of trial, the jury rejected the plaintiffs’ misappropriation of trade secrets and punitive damages claims and awarded them less than 0.2 percent of the claimed damages. The case settled on appeal for less than the judgment. Elizabeth worked closely with expert witnesses to prepare for trial, drafted pre-trial motions and Daubert briefs, drafted expert witness examination outlines, drafted the jury instructions and appeared for the two-day jury charge conference.
- Replacement trial counsel for the plaintiff in a fraud and breach of contract case in Los Angeles state court where the client was seeking more than $40 million in damages related to the acquisition of aerospace companies. Obtained a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Lead associate representing a major technology company in connection with a $90 million royalty dispute.
- Lead associate on a case representing an online media company accused of defamation. The Georgia Court of Appeals ruled in favor of our clients, finding that the plaintiff’s claims were barred by the Communications Decency Act.
- Replacement trial counsel representing a national appliance and electronics manufacturer in a multimillion-dollar complex contractual dispute.
- Trial counsel representing a consumer products distributor in a case involving Lanham Act, design patent infringement and unfair competition claims in the Southern District of New York.
- Lead associate representing an international energy company in the Northern District of Florida involving the ownership of intellectual property rights, handling all aspects of discovery and motion practice and writing the winning motion for summary judgment.
- Represented a medical payments company in an FTC investigation related to methodology for collecting HIPAA authorizations and electronic consent forms.
- Lead associate representing the owner of a major sporting enterprise in North Carolina trial and appellate proceedings involving the right of privacy and access to court proceedings.
- Lead associate on a case representing the sanctioning body of a large sports enterprise in a licensing dispute in the Middle District of Florida.
- Core team member on numerous federal class actions representing national insurance companies. In many, all claims were thrown out at the motion to dismiss stage. Two cases were appealed to the Eleventh Circuit, and in both, the dismissals in favor of her client were affirmed.
- Lead associate representing medical providers accused of defamation in Georgia state court.
Elizabeth is a partner in the Litigation & Trial Practice Group. Elizabeth represents both plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes commercial litigation throughout the country, from inception through trial. Her clients include Fortune 100 companies, leading global technology and insurance companies, and companies involved in manufacturing, consumer products, and the media.
She focuses on cases involving unfair competition, intellectual property and trade secrets, antitrust, insurance, and complex contractual disputes where hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake. She also represents clients in defamation and First Amendment matters. She was a core member of the defense team in an eight-week, $5 billion jury trial and has helped recover hundreds of millions in settlements on behalf of plaintiffs.
Elizabeth has been co-lead counsel in two jury trials and has significant experience with multidistrict litigation (MDL), getting complex cases ready for trial, taking and defending depositions in the U.S. and abroad, pre- and post-trial motion practice, and working with witnesses and damages experts in bet-the-company cases. Elizabeth has also worked on a number of state and federal court appeals.
- The University of North Carolina (J.D., 2007)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 2003)
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyer Foundation, board member
- United Way Cole Advisory Panel
- 2018 Rising Stars (Business Litigation), Georgia Super Lawyers