- Defended at trial an investment adviser charged with criminal market manipulation and investment adviser fraud. United States v. Edward Durante (S.D.N.Y.).
- Defended at trial an expert network affiliate charged with criminal insider trading. United States v. Winifred Jiau (S.D.N.Y.).
- Defended a FinTech company, and its CEO and founders in civil litigation by the putative founder alleging theft of a business idea and a breach of the joint venture agreement. (S.D.N.Y.).
- Prevented the filing of charges by the U.S. Attorney’s Office against a former Dell Inc. investor relations employee accused of tipping securities analysts. United States v. Todd Newman, et. al. (S.D.N.Y.).
- Prevented the filing of charges against a Pershing Square research analyst under investigation for insider trading.
- Prevented the filing of charges by FINRA against a broker-dealer, its trader, and salespersons in an investigation of alleged fraud in the purchase and sale of mortgage-backed securities (RMBS).
- Prevented the filing of charges by the CFTC and SEC against the head of interdealer swaps brokerage desk accused of fraud.
- Defended in arbitration a $250 million contract termination claim brought by a municipality against the owner of natural gas-fired power plant (JAMS).
- Obtained dismissal of civil RICO claims in consumer fraud class action (S.D.N.Y.).
- Defended New York real estate developers in civil litigation and investigations by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York into violations of the Fair Housing Act.
- Phone: +1 212 210 1244
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanna uses her experience as a trial lawyer and former prosecutor to help clients navigate complex legal landscapes. A skillful courtroom advocate, and accomplished in criminal, regulatory, and civil litigation, Joanna provides sophisticated, strategic counsel and drives extraordinary results for individual and institutional clients.