- Representing a national health care company in a putative data breach class action arising from a cyberattack that compromised personal and health information.
- Won a personal jurisdiction challenge on behalf of a multibillion-dollar international building products conglomerate and their domestic subsidiary, and represented their Texas subsidiary in enforcing noncompete obligations of a former employee, while obtaining the dismissal of $450 million in counterclaims.
- Represented a pro bono client who had been unconstitutionally convicted by a non-unanimous jury in Louisiana, securing a vacation of his conviction and obtaining his release after more than 35 years in prison.
- Secured a favorable settlement in a wrongful death suit in federal court suit for a large national manufacturing company.
- Obtained the complete dismissal and an award of attorneys’ fees under the Texas Citizens Participation Act for a major telecommunications provider in a malicious prosecution matter.
- Representing a national health care insurer and numerous health plans in a federal court case related to coverage and payment issues.
- Submitted an amicus curiae brief on behalf of the preeminent legal scholar to the United States Supreme Court in a case addressing civil rights implications of child protective services investigations.
- Represented the managers of a water transfer services company against contractual, fraud, and termination claims that resulted in a complete dismissal with no liability for the client.
- Represented a large oil and gas company in a multimillion dollar lease termination dispute in the Midland Basin resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented an oil and gas company in securing the title to a tract that was subject to multiple states’ law.
- Represented a pro bono client in a deceptive trade practices action related to the purchase of a defective vehicle.
- Phone: +1 214 922 3468
- Email: email@example.com
Laura leverages her experience as a federal judicial law clerk to guide clients through complex commercial litigation and class action matters.