- Representing a restaurant company in the $300 million refinancing of its senior secured credit facility and related tender offer for its $175 million in outstanding public debt.
- Representing an issuer in the successful defense of a hostile proxy solicitation by a group of activist shareholders, who had sought to elect a minority slate of directors.
- Advising a private equity firm with regard to the securities law aspects of its $3.9 billion acquisition of a publicly traded telecommunications company.
- Representing a restaurant company in the $65 million sale of real estate properties to a real estate investment trust.
- Representing a retail company in the $93 million registered public offering of its common stock.
- Representing a retail company in the $50 million refinancing of a credit facility.
- Leading the recapitalization of an issuer client, including a $92 million private placement of equity, a $175 million institutional private placement of senior debt, tender offers for $455 million aggregate principal amounts of public debt previously outstanding, and $420 million of senior secured credit facilities.
- Representing an issuer in its registered exchange offer of debt securities and follow-on private exchanges with an aggregate value of $120 million.
- Representing a publicly traded manufacturer in its $231 million strategic acquisition of a publicly traded company with a complementary product line.
- Advising issuers in connection with inquiries into their historical stock option grant practices and other potential whistleblower situations.
- Phone: +1 704 444 1090
Gary thoughtfully counsels clients from restaurants to manufacturers on efficient ways to complete mergers and structure equity and debt offerings.