John Latham is an experienced trial lawyer who has litigated a variety of cases. He has been recognized as one of the nation’s top securities defense lawyers. His primary expertise is in securities class action litigation, derivative suits and regulatory investigations. He has successfully litigated more than $250 billion in M&A transactions in Delaware and throughout the country. John also counsels boards through corporate crises and internal investigations. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (Bet the Company, Commercial Litigation, Corporate, and Securities Litigation) and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Litigation—General Commercial), and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine.
John is a member of the firm’s Securities Litigation and Corporate Transactions & Securities Groups. He has been appointed special assistant attorney general for the State of Georgia Teachers and Employees Retirement Fund and Office of Treasury and Fiscal Services (1998 – present) (securities matters); and is chairman of the Georgia Corporate Code Revision Subcommittee on Officer And Director Liability and Indemnification (2003 – present).
Selected Speaking Engagements
- 20th Annual Securities Litigation & Regulatory Practice Seminar (October 2014)
- Corporate Counsel Institute Seminar (December 2014)
- Atlanta Bar Litigation Section, Securities and Corporate Litigation Subsection, Seminar on Special Litigation Committees (September 2012)
- 18th Annual Securities Litigation & Regulatory Practice Seminar (November 2012)
- 30th Annual Federal Securities Institute (January 2012)
- 7th Annual Southeastern M&A/Private Equity Forum (October 2011)
- Business Law Institute Seminar (October 2010)
- 16th Annual Securities Litigation & Regulatory Practice Seminar (October 2010)
- KPMG Audit Committee Institute Roundtable (May 2000 – November 2015)