- Serving as trademark enforcement and litigation counsel to numerous retail, restaurant, and manufacturing companies.
- Phelan Holdings v. RARE Hospitality Management (M.D. Fla.) – Represented the owner of the Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant chain in a trademark infringement action concerning television and print advertising campaigns. Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment of non-infringement.
- Motwani v. Wet Willie’s (E.D. La.) – Represents a restaurant company in a trademark infringement action relating to the use of trademarks for a restaurant and daiquiri chain.
- NM v. Dick’s Sporting Goods (D. Del.) – Represents two retailers in a patent infringement suit relating to the use of Quick Response codes in advertising and promotional materials.
- Beverage Dispensing Solutions v. The Coca-Cola Company (N.D. Ga.) – Represented The Coca-Cola Company in a patent infringement lawsuit relating to the revolutionary Freestyle beverage dispenser. Resolved the matter following extensive discovery, claim construction, and summary judgment proceedings.
- TI Beverage Group v. Yard House USA (C.D. Cal.) – Represented a restaurant company in a trademark infringement action relating to food menu items.
- Kroy IP Holdings (E.D. Tex.) – Lead counsel for a group of three retailer defendants in lawsuits alleging infringement of a patent directed to electronic loyalty programs.
- Eclipse IP (C.D. Cal., N.D. Ga., and E.D. Tex.) – Lead counsel for numerous airline, retailer, and shipping defendants in lawsuits alleging infringement of patents directed to shipping notification systems.
- Geotag (E.D. Tex.) – Lead counsel for a group of more than 40 retailer defendants in numerous lawsuits filed by the same plaintiff alleging infringement of a patent directed to website applications.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC (E.D. Tex.) – Lead counsel for a group of nine retailer defendants in a lawsuit alleging infringement of a patent directed to online meal planning and nutrition applications.
- Phone: +1 404 881 7635
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LBS Innovations LLC (E.D. Tex.) – Lead counsel for a group of more than 15 retailer defendants in numerous lawsuits alleging infringement of a patent directed to website applications. Webvention LLC MDL Action (D. Md.) – Represented numerous defendants in separate actions involving e-commerce and website applications consolidated in an MDL proceeding in the District of Maryland.
- PJC Logistics LLC MDL Action (D. Minn.) – Defended UPS and The Coca-Cola Company in a patent case involving GPS-based vehicle tracking and telematics systems. Resolved the matter for both clients following MDL consolidation.
- Landmark Technology LLC (E.D. Tex.) – Represented numerous retailer defendants in cases involving patents related to e-commerce and EDI applications.
- WNS Holdings LLC v. UPS (W.D. Wisc.) – Defended UPS in a patent case involving navigation and surveillance avionics applications installed in UPS aircraft. Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment of non-infringement, affirmed on appeal to the Federal Circuit.
- ArrivalStar, et al. v. UPS, et al. (W.D. Penn.) – Defended UPS in a patent case involving vehicle and packaging delivery and shipment notification systems. Resolved the matter following extensive discovery and favorable claim construction.
- Gildersleeve Holdings AG LLC (E.D. Tex. and N.D. Ga.) – Represented numerous retailer defendants in defense groups in two separate cases filed by Gildersleeve involving a patent related to e-commerce applications. Cases resolved following discovery and the development of substantial prior art.
- Represented affiliated companies in numerous patent lawsuits involving prepaid product offerings, including prepaid wireless, long distance, and credit cards. Resolved matters in the clients’ favor after extensive discovery and favorable claim construction proceedings.
- Represented a publicly traded apparel manufacturer in trademark and copyright matters. Secured numerous temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions against counterfeiters and coordinated federal, state, and local authorities in the seizure of more than $1 million in counterfeit apparel.
Bob Lee focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, counseling, and enforcement matters, with a particular emphasis on patent and trademark litigation. He has significant experience assisting both online and traditional brick-and-mortar retailers with their intellectual property needs. He assists clients in managing and protecting their patent and trademark portfolios, including coordinating their domestic and international prosecution and enforcement activities. He has also assisted clients in disputes involving various technologies, including electronic commerce and software applications, logistics and GPS-based systems, electronics, telecommunications, prepaid and financial services products, apparel, and consumer products.
Bob has authored numerous articles on intellectual property and is a frequent presenter on topics in the areas of intellectual property, electronic discovery, and federal court practices. He is active in the Intellectual Property Section of the Georgia Bar Association and the International Trademark Association.
- University of Louisville (J.D., 1997)
- Centre College (B.A., 1993)