- Won summary judgment in multiple actions on behalf of insurance companies and real estate investor groups in complex disputes alleging fraud and breach of contract.
- Defeated a preliminary injunction and obtained attorneys’ fees after a trade secrets temporary restraining order was granted on behalf of a consulting company.
- Obtained the dismissal of claims at the pleadings stage in numerous separate actions against a national consulting firm, transportation firm, and accounting firm.
- Secured favorable settlements on behalf of plaintiffs in trademark infringement, franchising, technology matters, and complex construction defect suits.
Class Action Litigation
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of a class action against a national consumer marketing company, which was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained the dismissal of unfair competition and other putative class claims on behalf of a nationwide homebuilder at the pleading stage, which was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defeated class certification in three separate class actions against a national insurance company, including affirmation of one ruling denying certification.
- Defeated class certification of harassment and discrimination claims on behalf of a port terminal company.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a property management company in a wage and hour dispute.