- Defended an arbitration on behalf of a leading beverage manufacturer. Defeated supplier claims demanding over $30 million in damages and secured a $2 million arbitral award from AAA in favor of her client.
- Second-chaired a trial in a complex real estate dispute on behalf of a plaintiff that led to securing complete relief in a settlement reached immediately after the close of the plaintiff’s case in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Won summary judgment in multiple actions on behalf of insurance companies and real estate investor groups in complex disputes alleging fraud and breach of contract.
- Defeated a preliminary injunction and obtained attorneys’ fees after a trade secrets temporary restraining order was granted on behalf of a consulting company.
- Obtained the dismissal of claims at the pleadings stage in numerous separate actions against a national consulting firm, transportation firm, and accounting firm.
Class Action Litigation
- Represented numerous food, beverage, supplement, and consumer goods companies in class actions alleging violations of California’s and other states’ consumer laws.
- Obtained summary judgment, dismissal, and decertification orders in numerous false advertising class actions in California state and federal courts.
- Obtained summary judgment and demurrer orders in favor of a beverage manufacturer’s “No Added Sugar” product labeling.
- Defeated certification of a nationwide class and all but two individual state classes in a class action pending against a food manufacturer.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of a class action against a national consumer marketing company, which was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained the dismissal of unfair competition and other putative class claims on behalf of a nationwide homebuilder at the pleading stage, which was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defeated class certification in three separate class actions against a national insurance company, including affirmation of one ruling denying certification.
- Defeated class certification of harassment and discrimination claims on behalf of a port terminal company.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a property management company in a wage-and-hour dispute.