- Serving as trial counsel for a Fortune 500 global communications company in a standard essential patent licensing dispute.
- Obtained a complete victory for a Fortune 500 industrial automation manufacturer against antitrust claims in federal court and at the International Trade Commission. The federal court dismissed all antitrust claims at summary judgment and entered an order finding the opposing party liable for intellectual property claims valued at upwards of $250 million.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of antitrust claims against a Fortune 500 global communications company in a lawsuit alleging that licensing practices for standard essential patents violated federal antitrust laws.
- Secured a temporary restraining order on behalf of an international beverage company pursuing antitrust and trademark infringement claims during the launch of potentially infringing product by a Fortune 50 competitor.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in an arbitration hearing involving a failed joint venture and claims exceeding $500 million.
- Pursued claims on behalf of a health technology startup in connection with a licensing dispute involving Lanham Act claims.
- Represented a global trust company in an international dispute involving a request for anti-suit injunctions to halt foreign proceedings against a trust property.
- Defended a global automaker in class action and multidistrict litigation, as well as related proceedings by state attorneys’ general, involving one of the largest automotive recalls in history.
- Defended a Fortune 30 technology company against unfair trade practices claims in California state and federal court.
- Represented the state of Georgia in a voting challenge lawsuit seeking to invoke the original jurisdiction of the U.S. Supreme Court and obtained a dismissal upon a finding of no standing.
- Represented a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in commission proceedings related to condemnation of property to build natural gas transmission pipelines.
- Represented a global environmental services company in unfair trade practices litigation pursued by a state attorney general.
- Defended a Fortune 100 company in an antitrust appeal in Louisiana. The appellate court dismissed all claims against our client.
- Represented a global payment company in a contract dispute in Georgia federal court. The court ordered all claims dismissed, and the Eleventh Circuit dismissed the appeal.
- Defended an aerodynamic products company and individual employees in a dispute involving breach of contract and warranty claims and obtained dismissal of all individual defendants.
- Represented an insurance company in the Eleventh Circuit in an appeal from an $8 million jury verdict for failing to settle claims against its insured.
- Represented a beverage company in a tariff classification dispute in the Court of International Trade.
- Defended individuals charged in a criminal conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering.
- Represented the Georgia Chamber of Commerce as amicus curiae in an appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court.
Bryan Lutz is a senior associate with Alston & Bird’s Litigation & Trial Practice Group. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation at the intersection of antitrust and technology. Bryan has extensive experience handling high value disputes in the telecommunications, industrial, and manufacturing industries. He represents clients in trial, arbitration, and appeals to state and federal appellate courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. The Best Lawyers in America© recognizes Bryan as part of its “Ones to Watch” list in Commercial Litigation.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Bryan served as a law clerk to the Hon. Stanley Marcus of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Bryan previously worked in the construction industry, where he oversaw the design and build of residential and commercial projects.
Bryan earned his J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Georgia, where he graduated first in his class and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. He was an articles editor for the Georgia Law Review, a member of the Appellate Litigation Clinic, and president of the business negotiation team.
Bryan earned his B.A. in economics, cum laude, from Saint John’s University, and is a member of the Omicron Delta Epsilon International Economics Honor Society.
- University of Georgia (J.D., 2014)
- St. John’s University (B.A., 2002)